This will largely depend on how much mail you are trying to filter and collect. It also depends on the mail services provider. In our tests, we found that collections from Microsoft and Google IMAP servers were fast and went smoothly without any disconnections. However, that's not to say that a disconnection will not occur - especially if you are collecting a large amount of mail.
This is why CloudMail was designed with several powerful filtering options. We recommend using these features to target your collection and limit the amount of time required.
Sometimes a disconnection might occur by the remote server for several reasons (e.g., response timeout, IDS senstivity, bandwidth). In these cases, we recommend any or all of the following:
- -> Make sure your firewall and anti-virus are turned off.
- -> Break up your collection into small ones. Try collecting one folder at a time.
- -> Try collecting mail at off-peak hours.
- -> Limit repeat collections to the same mailbox over a short period of time. This will raise security concerns at the server level.
- -> Use a VPN to switch up your IP address.
- -> Wait a period of time before re-attempting to collect mail from the same mailbox.